- CPU FREQ:
- NETFILTER (Firewall support)
- Swap support
- CPU Governors: To know about governors click here
- SmartassV2 --> Balanced(name changed to identify easily)
- LAZY --> BattSaver(changed name)
- Wheatley --> Turbodroid
- I/O Schedulers: To know about I/O click here
- INIT.D support (provided by Manoranjan2050 )
More info on init.d click here go below in that post.
- Busybox support (provided by Manoranjan2050 )
- Custom Boot logo (Improved quality)
- Ext4 Support. (Ext3 and 2 are supported too)
- NTFS support
- BACEM TWEAK included.
- Battery life improved..
- Performance tweaked..
- A2SD Supported
- Copy these files inside SDCard.. CompactV1.2.5.zip (kernel), CWM-6102.zip (ClockWorkMod Recovery tool) - Click here to download it.
- Note: Don't keep these files inside any "FOLDERS".. Just copy it to SDCard root (parent) folder..
- Switch off your mobile.
After a small vibration (switch off confirmation) PRESS and HOLD 3 BUTTONS (VOLUME UP+HOME BUTTON+POWER BUTTON) when samsung galaxy logo appears, release the 3 pressed keys..
- After few seconds.. You will see Android system recovery (red text with 4 options lines)..
Select "apply update from sdcard"
Note: (Volume up+down for "scrolling" through options or selection of files, home button for "select" any option.. in CWM only: power button for "back" option)
Then Select "CWM-6102.zip".
- ClockworkMod Recovery v188.8.131.52 is loaded now.
- Select "install zip from sdcard"
- Select "choose zip from sdcard"
- Scroll and Select "CompactV1.2.5.zip" and select "Yes"
- Wait till the menu appears again..
- Select "Reboot system now" and you have successfully installed Compact kernel.
- Brightness bug on 156 frequency.
- You can try Avast! for firewall feature.
- No-frills CPU Control for setting the above features like Freq, governors, I/O schedulers..
- CPU SPY for checking CPU frequency states usage.
- Quick System Info PRO for checking whether they are working and what all are included features.
- All 4 apps for free and available at google's play store.. Or You can try any other apps of your choice like Set CPU, CPU Tuner etc.
- Irfanbagus for bug fix of source code and BACEM TWEAK..
- Kurotsugi for providing guidance and source of his kernel.
- Manoranjan2050 for ALL the help with bug fixes, guidance and source code fix!!
- Maroc-OS for providing tips and help and info for development and ramdisk..
- Millan.SIS for providing valuable CWM and flash tool.
- Savie for providing tips and info.
Official xda thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1849039