In 18th January whitexp from xda-developers released the Release Candidate 2 of version 2.0 of CyanogenMod7 for Galaxy Young which includes various fixes and ofcourse, the latest released libs by Broadcom. This means that this build runs even smoother than the older one and you can even play some games decently.
Note: The changelogs which you will read from RC1 are included in RC2. (The version which is posted here for download).
- Added new libs for HW acceleration provided by Broadcom (Games should now work good, animations should be faster now)
- Fixed media scanner with 3rd party apps
- Minor fixes for ldpi layouts
- Minor fixes for wifi (wpa_supplicant service hasn't been fixed for now)
- Removed gralloc opensource and using prebuilt gralloc from Broadcom.
- Included WiFi module
- Minor fixes for build.prop
Before doing all of this I would recommend that you flash to a clean stock rom and kernel to stay away from all the bootloop hassle.
Part 1: Installing the kernel:
- Download Odin - Click here to download.
- Extract the rar file using WinRAR, 7zip or any other archive program
- Run the Odin program
- In PDA field find and choose white.1.0.1.tar - Click here to download white.1.0.1.tar
- Start your Galaxy Y into Downloading mode (hold Power button + Volume down + Home button) and connect it to your computer, you should see a yellow colored box indicating that your phone is connected to an USB port.
- Leave all of the options as they are and just click on Start.
- Wait for it to be done, your phone should reboot and you should have white's kernel.
- Alternatively, you can just flash the kernel using recovery mode - Click here to download flashable zip
- Boot your SGY into Recovery mode (hold Power button + Volume up + Home button)
- You should be in ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Go to mount and storage
- Choose Format system
- Choose Mount system (if you do not see this option, system is already mounted and you don't have to mount)
- Go back, choose wipe data
- Choose Install zip from sdcard
- Find cm-7-20130107-madteam-whitexp-RC2-totoro.zip (CM7) which you just downloaded from here and choose it
- Then choose Yes
- Wait for it to install it, press the back button and reboot.
- Enjoy the latest stable CM7.
If you wish to report bugs and problems, please direct them to it's official xda thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1996275