Basic explanation:Odexing your rom has it's positive and negative sides. Odex files are actually collections of parts of an application that are optimized before booting. Doing so speeds up the boot process, as it preloads part of an application which is a good thing, but the bad thing is that it makes it more difficult to modify a system apk like you would do it on a deodexed rom. Best is to modify the custom rom to your needs and when you feel there is no work at all left to do, odex it.
Download script - Click here.
- Download the zip file to your sdcard
- Boot into CWM Recovery and flash it
- Reboot your phone
- Now open up the Terminal Emulator app which should be in your app drawer
- Type in su - it will then give you a popup to grant it superuser access, allow it.
- Now type in dexo -h which should display a list of commands
- It is recommended you just type in dexo -all which odexes your rom completely (WARNING: Requires free space in system partition, mostly recommended on a rom that has most bloatware removed!)
- After the process is done, you may find your statusbar missing and whatnot, just reboot your phone and everything should be back to normal, oh, and your rom should be odexed.
Video and demo:
Source: XDA Developers